One of the most powerful tools in Maya is dynamics! You can create multiple simulations like cloth, smoke, particles and more! I've put a list of video tutorials I recently created in this particular subject.
I hope this helps you explore Maya a bit further and add the extra POP in your pieces. :)
Let's start with...
1) Introduction to nCloth
2) A bit more advanced nCloth
3) Fun nCloth to create a flapping flag!
4) Explore making Smoke using Maya's Fluids
5) Learn about particles, specifically Bloobies!
6) Shatter Glass using rigid dynamics
Dynamics can be a big overwhelming, but once you get a hang of it, it's a lot of fun!
I really hope you find these video tutorials helpful!
Keep creating and see you in the next tutorial!
aka Academic Phoenix
Facebook Community - join us!